TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia admits 12-15 students annually in the summer semester (mid-May). The following are the minimum requirements for admission:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nursing License: Licensure in the state of Missouri is required prior to admission.
- Minimum one year experience in a critical care setting (ICU strongly preferred).
- Specific undergraduate coursework: General Chemistry I; Organic Chemistry I; Human Anatomy; Human Physiology; Microbiology; Statistics*; and a freestanding Health Assessment course (minimum grade of B or better prior to the first clinical course)
- Graduate Record Exam: A combined verbal and quantitative (QV) score of 300 (1000 older scale) or above and an Analytical Writing (AW) score of 3.5 or greater (all scores are reviewed in relation to the overall Application). GRE must be completed within 5 years of application. OFFICIAL GRE test results must be mailed to UMKC. (The Institution code for UMKC is 6872. Contact UMKC at 816-235-2576 with any questions.) Send an official copy of test results to TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) & Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS): Certifications are required prior to admission.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale: Cumulative GPA is calculated on the last 60 hours of the BSN degree. Emphasis will be placed on science and math course GPA as well.
- Three (3) Professional References: One (1) reference must be from an immediate supervisor. The second reference should be from a faculty professor from BSN program representing a capstone or practicum project (an additional professional reference will be considered if > 5 years since education or unable to obtain reference). The third reference should be a professional reference able to assess your professional characteristics.
- Personal Statement: This should address your professional goals and how this program will help you achieve them (include the references you used to provide this statement). (maximum 1 page)
- Official transcripts from every college/university ever attended: Official transcripts must be sent directly to the TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal interview with Admissions Committee: Invitations for personal interviews will be sent in September-October of each year.
*Statistics course prerequisite requirement is an undergraduate college-level statistics course. Coursework titles must include statistics or quantitative analysis and must be at least a 300-level course. Applicants must achieve a grade of B or better in the statistics course to be considered. If a statistics or quantitative analysis course has been taken but is not clearly labeled on a transcript, it is possible to submit the course description and objectives to review for equivalency. For additional information, please contact the TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia at email@example.com or at 816-404-1100.
All applicants must print, complete and submit the following materials as a packet by mail to:
TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia
2301 Holmes Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia Application Materials and Checklist:
- Education Verification Form
- Agreement, Authorization, and Consent for Release of Background Information
- Department of Social Services Employee Disqualification Disclosure Consent – (witness: any individual who will verify you signing this document)
- Reference Forms – see instructions on page 1 of form.
- Application Form
- Application Fee: $100 Non-refundable money order or cashier’s check made payable to TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia
- Application Submission Checklist
All requirements must be met prior to submission of the application packet. Interviews, when granted, will be held in October/November with acceptance notices being mailed in December. Program orientation begins in May of each year.
Application deadline is September 1.
If you have questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 816-404-1100.
UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies Application Instructions
Students who are granted an interview at TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia will receive instructions for applying to UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies at that time.