TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia admits 12-15 students annually in the summer semester (mid-May). The following are the minimum requirements for admission:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nursing License: Unencumbered licensure in the state of Missouri is required prior to admission.
- Minimum one year full-time work experience or its part-time equivalent in a critical care setting (ICU strongly preferred).
- Specific undergraduate coursework: General Chemistry I; Organic Chemistry I; Human Anatomy; Human Physiology; Microbiology; Statistics*; and a freestanding Health Assessment course (minimum grade of B or better prior to the first clinical course)
- Graduate Record Exam: A combined verbal and quantitative (QV) score of 300 (1000 older scale) or above and an Analytical Writing (AW) score of 3.5 or greater (all scores are reviewed in relation to the overall Application). GRE must be completed within 5 years of application. OFFICIAL GRE test results must be mailed to UMKC. (The Institution code for UMKC is 6872. Contact UMKC at 816-235-2576 with any questions.) Send an official copy of test results to TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) & Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS): Certifications are required prior to admission.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale: Cumulative GPA is calculated on the last 60 hours of the BSN degree. Emphasis will be placed on science and math course GPA as well.**
- Three (3) Professional References: One (1) reference must be from an immediate supervisor. The second reference should be from a faculty professor from BSN program representing a capstone or practicum project (an additional professional reference will be considered if > 5 years since education or unable to obtain reference). The third reference should be a professional reference able to assess your professional characteristics.
- Personal Statement: This should address your professional goals and how this program will help you achieve them (include the references you used to provide this statement). (maximum 1 page)
- Official transcripts from every college/university ever attended: Official transcripts must be sent directly to the TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal interview with Admissions Committee: Invitations for personal interviews will be sent in September-October of each year.
*Statistics course prerequisite requirement is an undergraduate college-level statistics course. Coursework titles must include statistics or quantitative analysis and must be at least a 300-level course. Applicants must achieve a grade of B or better in the statistics course to be considered. If a statistics or quantitative analysis course has been taken but is not clearly labeled on a transcript, it is possible to submit the course description and objectives to review for equivalency. For additional information, please contact the TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia at email@example.com or at 816-404-1100.
**Students may be admitted on probation if their grade point average is between 3.0 and 3.19.
– The probationary status will be removed when the student has successfully completed their first nine (9) hours with a grade of B (not B- or C) or better for each course.
- Failure to successfully complete these 9 hours the first time will result in dismissal from the program.
**Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 using the last 60 hours of their BSN GPA:
Highly successful, exceptional applicants may petition the Student Affairs Committee for special consideration. The decition of the committee will be final. Applicants requesting special consideration must submit the following items:
- Graduate Record Exam results
- Evidence of certifications obtained
1. Utilize the Application Submission Checklist to ensure you complete all required steps and submit all required documents
2. Complete the CRNA Admissions Application and submit in one of the following ways:
a. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
b. FAX to 816-404-1103, Attn: Admissions Committee, TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia
c. Mail to Admissions Committee, TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia, 2301 Holmes Street, Kansas City, MO 64108
3. Submit the following documents via a, b or c above:
a. Curriculum vitae
b. Personal statement
c. Copy of your GRE test results
d. Copy of ACLS, BLS and PALS certifications
e. Copy of all certifications (i.e. CCRN and TNCCJ) (as applicable)
4. Print and complete the applicant portion of the Recommendation Request and submit to three references
5. Submit $100 non-refundable money order or cashier’s check (made payable to TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia) to Admissions Committee, TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia
6. Request ALL official college, university and nursing school transcripts be mailed to TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia
7. Request original GRE test results be mailed directly to UMKC
All requirements must be met prior to submission of the application packet. Interviews, when granted, will be held in October/November with acceptance notices being mailed in December. Program orientation begins in May of each year.
Application deadline is September 1.
If you have questions, you may contact us at email@example.com or at 816-404-1100.
UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies Application Instructions
Students who are granted an interview at TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia will receive instructions for applying to UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies at that time.